headspace Albany supports young people 12 - 25 with mental health concerns and/or substance use issues, and their family and friends.
headspace Albany is delivering all services from the headspace centre. In line with COVID recommendations, if you have any flu-like symptoms, please don't attend headspace Albany. Contact us on 9842 9871 to arrange an alternative such as phone or video Counselling.
If you have a Videoconference appointment Videoconference waiting room here
No referral is needed all services are free. To make an appointment call 9842 9871 or drop in and make time to have a chat with our staff.
- Monday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Tuesday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Wednesday: 9:00am - 8:00pm
- Thursday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday: Closed
- Sunday: Closed
headspace Albany is operated by Youth Focus. All headspace services are funded by the Australian Government Department of Health. Administration of funding is carried out by the headspace centre’s local Primary Health Network, in this case, Country WA (WA Primary Health Alliance Ltd).
Mental health workers – which may include psychologists, psychiatrists, counsellors and other workers – that can help if you're just not feeling yourself.
Sexual health screenings on site or links to local services.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with work or study opportunities.
Centres have a range of programs and activities for young people. Just ask your centre what they have on.
GPs can help with any physical health issues as well as issues related to sexual health, drug or alcohol use, relationship problems or feeling down or upset. Your centre may have a GP on site or links to one locally.
Workers either on site or linked to the centre who can assist you with any alcohol or other drug issue.
A group of young people who help with events and some decision making at a centre. Ask your centre about getting involved.
Jobs and volunteering
Positions currently available at headspace Albany
Employer: Youth Focus
Salary: Contract, MBS funded
headspace Albany is seeking experienced Allied Mental Health Practitioners (Clinical or Registered Psychologists, Mental Health Social Workers or Occupational Therapists) to work with young people aged 12-25 and their families, to deliver focused psychological strategies at the headspace Albany Centre, funded through MBS payment.
You must be AHPRA/AASW Registered as a specialist Allied Mental Health professional, and have, or be eligible for a Mental Health provider number for Medicare Rebates. You must also have Professional indemnity insurance, an ABN and a current WWC Check card.
You must also be experienced in working a multidisciplinary team. Our office hours are
Monday 9 am - 5 pm
Tuesday 9 am -8 pm
Wednesday 9 am - 8 pm
Thursday 9 am -5 pm
Friday 9 am - 5 pm
There is some flexibility for different session times across the week, and we are particularly interested in Clinicians to expand our after-hours service.
In return for bulk-billing, headspace Albany offers administrative support including appointment bookings and reminders, comfortable youth-friendly counselling rooms, an ongoing base of referrals, and a fantastic collegiate work-environment. Care coordination, case conferencing, access to integrated GP and Psychiatry services and professional development opportunities are available.
Enquiries: For more information please contact Andrew on 9842 9871 or email email@example.com
For more information contact:
Name: Andrew Wenzel
Phone: (08) 9842 9871
Employer: Youth Focus
Deadline: 2 Jul. 2021, 9:00 am
A fantastic opportunity for a registered mental health professional to be part of a professional, passionate and thriving headspace centre.
- Full time role
- Contract Fixed-term (with possibility to extend)
headspace is Australia's National Youth Mental Health Foundation. The headspace vision is to improve young people's mental, social and emotional wellbeing through the provision of high quality, integrated services when and where they are needed.
headspace is committed to embracing diversity and eliminating all forms of discrimination in the provision of mental health services. headspace welcomes all people irrespective of ethnicity, lifestyle choice, faith, sexual orientation and gender identity.
headspace Albany is currently seeking a full time Care Coordinator to join their dynamic and highly successful team.
The Care Coordinator role will involve:
- Contributing to the ongoing development, coordination and provision of high quality, early intervention intake response for young people, their families and community services.
- Directly engaging and coordinating care for young people accessing headspace Albany.
- Assisting in the referral of young people to appropriate programs either within headspace Albany or within other community agencies
- Participating in community awareness raising activities that promote early help seeking and intervention for mental and general health issues.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline, Psychology, Social Work, Occupational Therapy, Nursing or equivalent
- Experience in engaging with young people from ‘at risk’ populations including LGBTIQA+ Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, CaLD communities, young men. and young people who are homeless/ at risk of homelessness,
- Demonstrated experience delivering mental health support, services or programs to young people, their families and friends.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to undertake screening and assessment to determine young person’s needs level of risk and to refer to other services as appropriate.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to engage, work with and coordinate care for young people aged 12 to 25 years in areas of mental health and intervention.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to problem solve and work creatively with young people.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative, diversified and growing organisation.
- Competitive salary with ongoing industry benchmarking and access to salary packaging.
- Well-appointed, youth friendly, office environment.
- Comprehensive training, induction and support within the role as well as ongoing quality supervision and professional development opportunities.
- Above award annual leave, long service leave and superannuation entitlements, which increase in line with tenure.
Please submit your resume and cover letter addressing the selection criteria in this ad under the section the “successful candidate will possess”.
Applications close Friday, 2nd July 2021
- Appointment to the role is subject to the successful candidate providing a clear a National Police Check certificate and Working with Children Check card.
- Due to the high volume of applications received for our advertised positions, only those applicants who are short-listed will be contacted. To those applicants not short-listed, we extend our appreciation for considering Youth Focus as a potential employer.
- Given the urgency to recruit this position, we may progress with a suitable candidate prior to the closing date.
Please call the headspace Albany Manager, Andrew on 0447 911 686 for more information or a confidential discussion regarding this role.
For more information contact:
Phone: 0447 911 686
At headspace Albany, you have the right to an environment where you feel welcome, accepted and safe. If this hasn’t happened, we want to know about it, so we can do better.
You can use this QR Code and link to provide feedback, compliments or complaints. This can be about anything to do with headspace programs, services or people.
Your feedback will be sent to our Feedback team who will decide how to respond. You can remain anonymous if you wish, but your feedback will never impact on you getting help at headspace.
If you have any questions -
please contact the Feedback team on
(08) 6266 4333 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Andrew Wenzel - Manager
Mell Stirling - Clinical Lead and Social Worker
Michelle Kennedy - Intake Coordinator and Social Worker
Christie Huggins - Occupational Therapist (Mental Health)
Natalie Jarvis - Community Engagement Officer
Carl Heslop - Intake Team
Tom Martin - Intake Team
Tess Allen - Intake Team
Esther Anderson - Intake Team
Connie Ruffo - Vocational Specialist
Zeenat Bulbulia - Vocational Specialist
Monique Grey - Vocational Specialist
Sue Hindmarsh - Administration
Jorgie Stonham - Administration
Jas Heslop - Administration
Getting to headspace Albany
We are located on St Emilie Way which is at the top of York Street, the surrounding shops can sometimes help guide people here. Opposite ABC Great Southern radio studio and a few shops down to Hollywood Nails. If in doubt Google Maps will show you the way. The front door opens into the arcade, not off the main street. The whole centre is accessible for wheelchairs and people with different needs. If you have any queries about accessibility please ask when you call us or ask your care coordinator so we can help you out.
We have ample 2-hour parking at the back of the centre in a car park shared with the surrounding shops Icky Finks, Hollywood Nails and Sportspower.
headspace Advisory Committee (hAC)
headspace Albany have a dynamic group of young people who work closely with the staff to ensure that headspace Albany is a relevant and youth friendly service.
hAC gives you heaps of opportunities to get involved in shaping headspace Albany as a service and promoting headspace in the wider community. hAC are involved in planning and delivering events in Albany such as youth Week, Mental Health Week, NAIDOC week, Wear it Purple Day and other special events that headspace Albany are a part of.
Young people join because they want to make a difference in the Albany community. It is a great way to get involved and make changes for young people in the area. There is always the potential to go on and be involved on a National level with the headspace youth national reference group hY NRG.
The commitment we ask of young people is they attend monthly meetings (held after school hours)
If you are keen to join hAC or to find out more about what hAC does contact Natalie on 9842 9871 or email: email@example.com